If you’re looking for an Easter craft for preschoolers or just a spring craft for kids, these easy painted eggs are absolutely ideal.
Busy little hands stay busy, and you can even incorporate different learning lessons into the activity. Turn this easy Easter craft into an educational activity without your littles even realizing it!
As you paint, try talking about:
- Shapes and their names
- How many sides does each shape have?
What You’ll Need
- Non-toxic acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Paper plate
- Hard boiled eggs
The supply list for this spring craft for kids is pretty minimal—one of my favorite aspects of it!
I’m all about doing crafts with my kids that involve little to no spending or allow me to use a lot of what I already have in our
cache hoard of craft supplies.
Make This Painted Eggs Spring Craft for Kids
Gather your supplies: craft time with my kids always goes smoother if I help them lay out everything we’ll need before anyone starts doing anything. So, go ahead and measure out your acrylic paint on the paper plate and set aside the paint brush and eggs.
Paint your patterns: start by painting simple patterns on the eggs using the acrylic paint.
Some pattern ideas your kids might love include triangles, dots, and lines.
Allow to dry on each painted side to prevent smudging. Then repeat until all of your eggs are painted.
Because this is a spring craft for kids, it’s also a great way to introduce talks about lifecycles.
An egg is fertilized, a baby chick grows inside, the chick hatches, and it grows into a beautiful chicken.
Don’t be afraid to talk about fertilized versus unfertilized eggs either, and answer any questions as honestly but developmentally appropriately as possible.
More Easy Easter Crafts
- Hopping Bunny in the Meadow Paper Plate Spring Craft for Kids
- Pompom Easter Egg Painting Craft for Kids
- B is for Bunny Easter Craft for Preschoolers
- Easy Bunny Butt Easter Craft for Toddlers
- Easter Sensory Bin for Babies & Toddlers
- Sticker Eggs – An Easy Easter Craft Your Toddler Will Love
- Easter Crafts and Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- DIY Easter Bunny Mask Craft for Kids